Friday, May 15, 2009
Finally Starting a Blog!!
For those of you who know me well, I've been talking about starting a blog for over a year. What better time to take this on than now, when my life is about to be flipped upside down and inside out in all aspects of the phrase. Whew! It makes me sigh just thinking about all that is going on with us. Let me give you a brief update on what has been going on with me these days. I'm closing in on my third year as a special education teacher for K-5 graders in Bellevue, WA. I love my job and cherish the relationships I have built, both with my colleagues and my students. I am very sad to be leaving my job in a few weeks. My last day at work will be on June 5th. The very next day, we will be packing up the moving truck and moving south to Portland for the summer. Somehow, the house will be cleaned out, boxed up and ready to vacate. Ha! It makes me laugh and get a little bit anxious all at the same time. We will be in Portland for the summer, which is going to be awesome, as we welcome our new daughter, Madelyn Mae, into our family. She is due on June 22nd! It will be such a blessing to be surrounded by family who can help us out as we venture into this crazy job called "parenthood". It will also give our family the chance to bond with little Maddie before we move out to Princeton, NJ in September. Good grief, huh? My doctor asked me if I was aware that statistics show you should only go through 2 life changes in a year's worth of time. Yeah. I think we've met our quota and are far surpassing it! God is faithful. God never fails. We've chosen to follow this windy path because we know it is in His perfect plan. It is not easy, by any means. In fact, there are moments where we are terrified. But then God reminds us to trust Him. Life isn't supposed to be a walk in the park. We're excited to step into this unknown and experience all that He has in store for us.So, my hope for this blog? This will be a place for me to share my thoughts and fears about what is going on in life. I value the relationships I have more than anything. I want to ask that you walk with me, with us, on this journey we are about to embark upon. I am leaving my favorite place, the Northwest, and leaving my favorite people, all of you. And if you are ever in Portland (this summer), or Princeton, NJ, look us up! We love visitors!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well Jackie, I'm excited and sad too. But what better time than now to rack up those frequent flier miles. I've always wanted to visit Princeton. :)
ReplyDeleteFavorite people?? I thought I was just your favorite person... :)
ReplyDeleteGreat entry and I am so glad you started a blog!! Woohoo! Don't worry, those three years in Princeton (hear that - only THREE) will be some of the best and exciting years of your life. Promise. God has so much in store for your little family and I am excited to see Him work!
I love you! :)
Thanks for the invitation to read your blog! This is a great way to know what's going on with you and your family, there's so much and you two are on a great adventure together. We'll keep you in our prayers through all of it.
ReplyDeleteJackie and Brant,
ReplyDeleteThis will be a great way for us to stay connected with you and little Maddie. Keep those videos coming! By the way, even though the experts say you should have only 2 life events in a year, they seem to come in groups instead of only one at a time. You will be fine and stronger for it. We love you lots!
Jackie,
ReplyDeleteThis blog site is really cute! I can hardly wait to see what God has in store for you, Brant and Maddie. It's awesome!
P.S. - It's Kelly Nordstrom.
ReplyDeleteI love you friend...best friend! :) We hope to get out there while you guys are there! I can't wait to meet little Maddie Mae. See you in August...ugh seems like forever away!
ReplyDelete