Here is the post I wrote after our first day, but haven't been able to get it on until now...
We are making the grand adventure across the country with Brant’s parents, Dale and Martha, Maddie and Tucker. We have a 22 foot Penske truck filled with all of our belongings, and our 2009 red Camry to get us there.
We left Portland at 9:30am on Wednesday, August 26th. The first day was quite difficult for me. I have been anticipating this move for several years, more specifically over the past 8 months, and day 1 went down exactly as I had expected, almost to a tee. We had said our very difficult “see you soon” remarks to all of our siblings and nieces, and it was time for me to do the same with my parents. As I had explained to several people prior to this day, it was going to be like ripping off a band-aid; just get it over with and move forward. Through tears and many kisses and hugs, I got into the car and we drove away. The day sort of progressed in the same fashion, and my sweet husband let me cry to my heart’s content. Several people called me throughout the day and I felt the prayers and support from many. I continue to covet those conversations and the prayers. I miss my family, Oregon and the NW terribly, but I’m making it.
After 3 stops during the day (pretty good with a 2 month old, I think), we made it to our hotel in Boise, Idaho. We ate a late dinner, particularly with the recent time zone change, made a few more phone calls home, and called it a night.
No comments:
Post a Comment