Tuesday, July 2, 2013

My final solo trip

As I mentioned a few posts back, I took the kids to Disneyland again, solo.  It was a fun day, but it just did not feel as successfully easy as the last time.  I know this is because we were truly by ourselves this time - no friends with us to help out when a toddler needs to nap and a preschooler is ready to play! It was exhausting - both physically and mentally!! When I returned home, Brant smiled and exclaimed what a successful day he had studying, and said with extra exuberance, "This was great! I hope your excited to do this again next Sunday!"  I had no words, and just walked away. :)


Rapunzel Maddie enjoyed sporting her new dress for our special day.  (She didn't know I had packed it - and was super excited when I pulled it out of the bag.)
Geoffrey was excited too. :)
One plan I had for our day without Brant, was to wait in the 45 minute line to meet Rapunzel, something we had never done.  Maddie was a trooper in the line, but it was a bit long for Geoffrey, making it hard to keep him entertained and Maddie occupied, by myself.  Regardless, meeting her best friend, Rapunzel, made it ALL worth it! 
Geoffrey didn't know what to think of blondie trying to give him a hug.
Two goofballs.
Make that three. :)
The time that has now passed since this trip, and looking at the cute pictures, makes me feel like I could do it by myself again....maybe.  (Good thing I don't actually have that option anymore!)

No comments:

Post a Comment